Top 5 Favorite Bands

  • BORNS
  • Cold War Kids
  • Damien Rice
  • Muse, the Hullabaloo Album
  • Portugal. The man

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Liberal Mormon


Most people I interact with are surprised to learn I am a Mormon and the people in my church were shocked when they realized the car with the "Bernie Sanders" bumper sticker was mine. 


I don't quite know what to say when my transgender friend is home from college and starts talking about the intolerance of religious people, and how much it hurts them.

I completely support them, but at the same time I

I don't really know what to think when the leadership of my church talks about the role of women in the home, and when my bishop disapproves that I don't want to marry until I have a PHD.

I want to be a mother and all, but I have huge career ambitions and I

I don't always know how to react when my favorite politicians are so pro choice and the my church doesn't even want marriage equality and I still don't understand why Christians are generally more fiscally conservative and if Ted Cruz believes in the Bible so strongly why does he hate immigrants so much and when I go to political conventions I'm the only one from my family the only one from my neighborhood and one of the only ones there to go to seminary and I just



Most of my friends are atheists.

(I hate super delegates as much as I love Bernie. 2K16!!!)



But I am Liberal despite the fact I am Mormon the way I am happy despite the markings on my body. I am proud to call myself American but that doesn't mean I forget my Slovenian. I am a left brained despite the obscure political art I do and the songs I write.


Categories are not always boxes you fit yourself into, but paths that you create.






And this probably gave away who I am but that's ok.




5 comments: